Friday, January 6, 2012

52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy - Week 1

There are a lot of genealogy blogs written for genealogists. It is my intention to be a bit more active at this blog and to give readers an opportunity to find a gem now and again amongst the posts.

This series 52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy was started by Amy Coffin. You can read the announcement here.

I have several hundred blogs I follow, but most don't write something every day, so I can usually keep up. I do most of my reading while on the recumbent bike or in the evening when I am too tired to think much more. I use Google Reader and admit I'd be lost without it! It allows me to keep articles unread when they are so good I need a second read with a fresh mind!

Now keep in mind there are a number of different types of blogs. I write this blog for a wider audience than my blog I write for my family. That blog is for me to be able to put the family stories down "on paper" and preserve those stories for my family. I also include photos over there. If someone wants one of those photos, take away! I want them shared far and wide. Keep in mind other people don't feel that way about photos, so you might want to ask if you don't find any information on the site.

One of the blogs I always stop to read is written by Marian Pierre-Louis. She writes Marian's Roots and Rambles. She writes at least one blog post daily, and I make sure to try to keep up so my reading doesn't fall to far behind! I hope you'll enjoy her blog as much as I do!


6 comments:

  1. Marian is a worthy nominee. I do enjoy her posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie,

    Thank you so much for the shout out of my blog. I really appreciate it!

    Marian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leslie,

    Looking at joining you on this. Should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Valerie, you should join us. We don't have to participate every week, but I think we all have a unique view on our world, why not share it?

    I really do enjoy your blog, Marian!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there a list of the '52 weeks'? I'd like to join but would rather be able to think ahead a week or two at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Randall, the option to participate lasts a full week. The meme is released on Sunday's and you have the entire week to think up your post. They don't have to be long wordy affairs. You might read the posts of others and garner some ideas for your own post. I hope you'll participate!

    ReplyDelete

This blogs comment section is moderated. As soon as I have the opportunity to read your message, I'll be glad to post if appropriate.